- Strategy & tactics for private dwellings
- Ventilation for suppression
- Operations in high rise structures, hotels & multiple dwellings
- Change & Influence
- Firefighter taking responsibility for their own actions & decisions
- High Rise Operations / Low Rise Ops
Battalion Chief Jerry Tracy, formally the Unit Commander of the Squad 18 located in the borough of Manhattan and has served many years in high-rise areas of Manhattan.
He is an Instructor at the FDNY Academy for the Captains development course.
He has worked in collaboration to develop the “Back to Basics” training, focusing on engine company operations.
He has lectured on the following topics:
The strategy and tactics for private dwellings vacant buildings
ventilation for suppression operations in high rise structures, hotels and multiple dwellings.
He is a featured speaker at FDIC and lectures across the country.
His articles appear in Fire Engineering Magazine
Occupied Structural Firefighting
Rapid Intervention Teams
Truck Company OPS
Initial Fire F Ground OPS
Responding to WMD & Bio – Terrorism
Size Up with emphasis on rescue
R.I.T. – Rapid Intervention Teams
Operational Objectives for Laddering the Fireground
– Rescue Victims
– Firefighter escape routes
– the rescue of unconscious firefighters ( a hands on demonstration using SCBA & life saving ropes)
Examine Firefighter Fatalities
Searching for Life and Location
VES – Vent, Enter, Search
Command and Control
Strip Mall Operations
Aggressive Primary Search
– Focusing on behavioral considerations and techniques for the rescue of trapped children
Aerial Platform Operations
Drug Labs/Narcotic distribution centers
Rapid Intervention Team
– Size Up, a key component of firefighter survival
Firefighting review of the most common types of fires…
– Single Story Ranch
– Two Story Private Dwelling
– Multiple Dwelling
– Strip Malls and the problems that they present
All presentations are generic and designed for all ranks…from the Firefighter to Chief Officer.
All instruction complies with NFPA standards.