- Size Up for Intelligent Firefighting
- Hoseline Operations for Multiple-Family Occupancies
- Modern Residential Firefighting
- Occupied Structural Firefighting
- Rapid Intervention Teams
- Truck Company OPS
- Responding to WMD & BIO-Terrorism
- Initial Fire Ground OPS
- HI-Rise OPS
Captain Bill Gustin, a contributing editor of Fire Engineering.
Featured Speaker FDIC. Captain Gustin presents tactics that most efficiently use limited resources.
Captain Bill Gustin, a veteran of the fire service: Fire Rescue and lead instructor in his department’s officer training program.
He teaches fire training programs. He is a marine firefighting instructor and has taught fire tactics to ship crews and firefighters.
He also teaches forcible entry tactics to fire departments and SWAT teams of local and federal law enforcement agencies.
Gustin is an editorial advisory board member of Fire Engineering.
Size Up with emphasis on rescue
R.I.T. – Rapid Intervention Teams
Operational Objectives for Laddering the Fireground
– Rescue Victims
– Firefighter escape routes
– Ventilation Techniques
– Extreme Circumstances
– the rescue of unconscious firefighters
(a hands on demonstration using SCBA & life saving ropes)
Examine Firefighter Fatalities
Searching for Life and Location
VES – Vent, Enter, Search
Command and Control
Strip Mall Operations
Aggressive Primary Search
– Focusing on behavioral considerations and techniques for the rescue of trapped children
Aerial Platform Operations
Drug Labs / Narcotic distribution centers
Rapid Intervention Team
– Size Up, a key component of firefighter survival
Firefighting review of the most common types of fires…
– Single Story Ranch
– Two Story Private Dwelling
– Multiple Dwelling
– Strip Malls and the problems that they present
All presentations are generic and designed for all ranks…from the Firefighter to Chief Officer.
All instruction complies with NFPA standards.