- Triumph of the Markets: Global Politics and Economics
- Crises of Globalization and Succeeding in an Unstable World
- Forget the ‘BRICS,’ it’s the BICIS: Brazil, India, China, and Indonesia
- Managing political risks
- Analyzing the effects of politics on business and markets
- Global Business, & Political Risk
Marvin Zonisis a leading expert on the global economy and political risk.
Professor emeritus, Zonis’ insights into the intersection of politics, economics and emerging technologies make him a valuable for a vast range of businesses and organizations.
His writing has been featured in The Financial Times, The New York Times, The International Herald Tribune, Chief Executive Magazine, La Vanguardia, The Boston Globe, and the Japanese journal Nikkei Weekly.
He is a commentator for a range of media outlets, including NPR, the BBC, and ABC News, where he served as a special consultant for the Middle East.
Zonis’s special skill is presenting, in vivid detail illustrated by real world examples, the developments and trends impacting the contemporary social, political and economic landscape.
International Political Economy, Leadership, and Business Strategy in the Era of E-Commerce, and works with corporations and professional asset management firms throughout the world, helping them to identify, assess, and manage their political risks in the changing global environment.
Zonis is a member of the Board of Directors of CNA Financial, the global insurance and financial services firm, serves on the Board of the Institute for Psychoanalysis and is a Fellow of Diamond Management and Technology Consultants, a global consulting firm.
He is also a member of the U.S. Comptroller General’s Board of Advisers at the GAO.
Zonis has written extensively on the intersection of digital technologies and globalization, emerging markets, Middle Eastern politics, the oil industry, Russia, and U.S. foreign policy.
He is also a leading authority on Middle Eastern politics, and has spent the last 50 years studying the volatile mix of Islam, terrorism, and the Middle East.
He has lived in Iran, hitchhiked through Afghanistan in the sixties, and has traveled extensively throughout other parts of the region, as well.
Books by Marvin Zonis
- The Kimchi Matters: Global Business and Local Politics in a Crisis Driven World
- The Eastern European Opportunity; Majestic Failure
- The Fall of the Shah; Khomeini and the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Defying the Iranian Revolution: From a Minister to the Shah to a Leader of Resistance