- Negotiated contracts
- Michael Geraghty is a master storyteller
Michael F. Geraghty, MBA, has corporate global business experience including the head of international purchasing for a Fortune 500 company. He has given more than 2000 presentations world wide.
Michael has a unique and impressive track record. In 1983 he came to America with no job, no business experience, and only $4,700 in his pocket. That was all he possessed.
Within eighteen months he bought his first home for $140,000. Within five years he bought and owned his first million dollars worth of real estate in one of the toughest real estate markets in America.
“Perhaps you have to be a foreigner to realize it fully, but America is a land of amazing opportunity,” he says in his soft Irish accent.
He has worked as a negotiator for a fortune 500 company and has negotiated deals and contracts in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
He worked his way up the corporate ladder, tripling his salary, and becoming a member of the elite key employee program, studying and learning from the master negotiators.
“Many people ask me how I became so successful so quickly in America,” he says.
“They are surprised when I tell them that I learned some of my most important negotiation lessons growing up in a small country town, on a football field, and in monasteries in Ireland here I lived and worked with marvelous mentors for fourteen years.
Michael was featured in a cover story for Purchasing Magazine, the #1 Magazine for professional buyers.
Negotiation is the “art of friendly persuasion.” It is “the ability to sell yourself and your ideas.”
Study after study reveals that negotiation is one of the top three skills in life and on the job. Great negotiators become key contributors to any company or organization.
Great negotiators know exactly what they want and exactly how to get it. Their communication during negotiations is crisp, clear and concise. When difficulties arise during negotiations, they have the ability to make the necessary adjustments to achieve winning solutions.
You will gain a great understanding of the psychology of negotiation and develop powerful skills to ensure your success.
The activities and topics, include the following:
– How Smart a Negotiator are You? – A Self-Evaluation
– Brand New Negotiating Strategies and Tactics
– Key Skills of Smart Negotiators
– Smart Negotiation Skills Practice and Role-Play
– How to Structure Your Own Strategy
– Tactical Negotiation Master Plan
– Knowing Your Own Behavioral Style in Negotiations
– A Self-Evaluation
– Understanding an Amazing Model of Persuasion
– What’s a Person to do – Win/Win or Win/Lose?
– Your Amazing Powers, including Some You Were Not Aware of
– Your 30 Day Action Plan for Success
– Develop an effective plan and strategy for any negotiation
– Know what behavior to adapt at each stage of negotiation
– Improve your persuasion skills dramatically
– Understand negotiation styles and communication patterns
– Make power and influence work for you
– Learn tools, techniques and practical strategies for your negotiation success
Books by Michael F. Geraghty, MBA