- How all of us can effect powerful changes in our psyches, in our lives, and in the lives of our loved ones
- High self-esteem is now viewed much as cocaine was in the 1880s–a wondrous new cure for all ills, miraculously free of dangerous side-effects
- Anger: The High Price of Losing Your Cool
- Overeating and Smoking: It’s All in Your Head
- Social Anxiety: To Hug and Hug Not
- The cognitive-behavioral approach, focuses on the here-and-now cause of your problems: your irrational self-talk.
Michael R. Edelstein Ph.D., a psychologist, specializes in the treatment of anxiety, depression, relationship problems, and addictions and in overcoming common emotional and behavioral problems.
Dr. Edelstein , and is one of the few practitioners of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT). He is a SMART Recovery (SR) Professional Advisor and has served as a Rational Recovery (RR) Specialist. He is a Certified Sex Therapist and has served as a Consulting Psychologist for the National Save-A-Life League, the oldest suicide prevention center in the United States.
Dr. Edelstein lectures nationally and internationally, appears on radio and television, and is published in psychological journals. He writes the advice column, “Ask Dr. Mike,”.
Dr. Edelstein holds a diplomate in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy from, and is on the Board of Advisors of, the National Association of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapists. He is Past President of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapy.
Books by Michael R. Edelstein, Ph.D.