Dr. Rebecca Heiss helps clients break out of the ruts of their ancestral brain pathways and engage their conscious brains to take action and override their self-sabotaging instincts.
Rebecca takes the blame and shame out of fear (of failure, rejection, and one another) and provides immediately applicable strategies to intervene with our negative talk. She walks alongside her clients and audiences on a transformational journey from stress, divisiveness, and fear into confident, inclusive, authentic leadership.
- STRESS & HUMAN BEHAVIOR EXPERT
Our brains are not built to thrive in a world of change & ambiguity.
We spend our days fighting our biology rather than working with it, which leaves us feeling exhausted, isolated, stressed, and fearful that we aren’t enough and don’t belong. As a result, we will ultimately be rejected and fail.
With research designated as transformative by the National Science Foundation, Rebecca’s superpower is in taking complex brain and behavioral research and breaking it down into simple, actionable (and entertaining) takeaways that anyone can put into practice immediately.
Audiences leave feeling inspired, empowered, and back in control, with tools that allow them to work with their biology rather than against it.
“Instead of shutting down during stressful times of change, growth, and an uncertain future, we can train our brains to expand our creativity and productivity and turn those fears into awe-filled adventures.”
94% of workers report feeling stress at work. The total estimated cost of focus for employers exceeds $300 billion! But these numbers are turned on their head when employees learn the mindset shifts to embrace stress as something that enhances performance.
Lower turnover and absenteeism, when we re-wire our brains to stop fearing stress, failure, and rejection, we can more readily lean into our highest, most purposeful lives.
By understanding how our brain processes the information deluge it meets each day, we can use biologically backed strategies to reduce multitasking, stress, and overwhelm to get more done throughout the day (without feeling so exhausted).
Curiosity and fear cannot coexist in the brain. It’s as simple as that. When we displace fear with interest, we allow new creative solutions to problems that have haunted us to emerge.
With goal-setting techniques based on our hormonal profiles, we can learn what motivates us to hit those goals, push through barriers, and continue to strive toward our full potential.
- Evaluate and neutralize subconscious fears that prevent them from playing all in
- Utilize awe in place of fear to drive performance, collaboration, and engagement.
- Re-categorize stress as a strength that can drive performance
- Utilize a 3-step scientific technique to shift stress mindsets from ordeal to adventure
- Enable positive communication, ideation, and creative collaborations to lead through ambiguity with a beginner’s mind
- Understand the root of subconscious bias and stories that lead to unproductive behaviours
- Engage with these fear in difficult conversations
- Adopt a clear common external enemy to decrease internal conflict and increase cooperation and connection
Books by Dr. Rebecca Heiss
- Instinct: Rewire Your Brain with Science-Backed Solutions to Increase Productivity and Achieve Success
Book Dr. Rebecca Heiss for your Event!