- Development Management Policy Forum
- Trade, Finance and Economic Development
- Visions of African Development
- Can the new African Union now working to get into operation, improve despite the Impacts of Globalisation and Structural adjustment?
- State Capability and Leadership Development : Some Initial Reflections
- Discovering strategic social processes and phenomenon common to the region
- African Regional Organisations and Economic Development
Abdalla S. Bujra, Ph.D., Social Anthropology, director of the Development Policy Management Forum, an Independent Pan-African Organization based in Nairobi, Kenya and also hosted by the UNECA (United Nations Economic Commission for Africa) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia DPMF.
Chairman of the African Union (AU), Abdalla Bujra is a member of the Panel of Eminent Africans, which has been established to advise on how to improve the African Union. The AU Panel of Eminent Africans comprises 13 prominent African personalities in total
Prof. Bujra served as the Executive Secretary of the “Management of Science and Technology for Development in Africa” (MANSCI). He joined UNDPs African Futures project (NLTPS) based in Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire, as an expert in Sociology and Human Resources Development in a 5 member regional team. Between 1998-2000, he was assigned to the OAU in Addis Ababa to serve as CEO of the International Panel of Eminent Personalities (IPEP) which was mandated to investigate the genocide in Rwanda. IPEP produced a 300 page Report on the Rwanda genocide which was distributed to the OAU Heads of States at their Summit. IPEP was set up by the Assembly of Heads of State and Governments of the OAU.
Prof. Bujra is also one of the founders of the Dakar-based CODESRIA (Council for the Development of Economic and Social Research in Africa). He became the first full-time Executive Secretary of CODESRIA. He started the now famous CODESRIA journal, Africa Development and other CODESRIA publications – especially books. Professor Bujra was honoured with the CODESRIA award of a Distinguished African Social Scientist.
Prof. Bujra is currently Chairperson of the Board of Directors of the Nairobi based African Centre for Economic Growth (ACEG) and is the founding Executive Director of Development Management Policy Forum (DPMF) a pan-African NGO hosted at the UNECA in Addis Ababa with an office in Nairobi Kenya.
He is leads a team of researchers studying Social Policy, Development and Governance in Kenya”.
He is also part of a research team studying “Land Policy, Development and Governance in Kenya”.
Books by Abdalla S. Bujra, Ph.D
- Leadership within four East African Countries
- The Politics of Stratification in a South Arabian Town
- Africa and the Future,
- Perspectives on the OAU/AU
- Conflict Management in Africa
- Kenya’s Democratic Transition: The Struggle from Liberal to Social Democracy