- Conscious Capitalism requires Conscious Marketing
- Millennials annual spend over $3.39 trillion
- Afdhel Aziz is a brand strategist & marketing expert
Afdhel Aziz, is an expert on how to deliver cutting-edge campaigns, content and experiences that harness technology and popular culture, working with world-class artists such as Lady Gaga, Deadmau5 and Kanye West.
He provides a provocative manifesto for a bold new model of marketing, which helps brands become a force for good.
“Afdhel’s session on how brands can be a force for good blew the audience away with it’s mix of provocative thinking, honesty and humor. Was one of the best received sessions of the year.”
Afdhel Aziz an ward-winning marketer who has worked for brands such as Procter & Gamble, Heineken, Absolut and Nokia.
He has been a featured speaker at the Cannes Lions, SXSW, TEDx, Advertising Week, The Gathering, the Chief Digital Officer Conference: Silicon Valley, Columbia University and many more.
His work has been featured in the New York Times, Vice, Fast Company, Forbes, Fortune, The Guardian, Coolhunting, Billboard, Hypebeast, Mashable….
He is currently works with a think tank and idea incubator that has been highlighted by Forbes as one of three marketing innovation labs.
Passionate about social entrepreneurship, as he is one of the world’s leading experts on how to deliver cutting-edge campaigns, content and experiences that harness technology and popular culture, working with world-class artists such as Lady Gaga, Deadmau5 and Kanye West, as well as diverse partners like the TED Conferences, Art Basel, Coachella Festival, and the Andy Warhol Foundation.
Examples include Absolut Reality, the world’s first live streamed virtual reality concert; Absolut Deadmau5, a groundbreaking video game with electronic music superstar Deadmau5; and Absolut Open Canvas, which transformed entire city blocks in Brooklyn and San Francisco into contemporary art installations.
“We were so thrilled and honored that Afdhel kicked-off our A&M Series. They did a phenomenal job inspiring and educating our audience and have joined the many legends like David Ogilvy and Donny Deutsch that have presented at our club before.”
How to Make Money and Do Good, by Harnessing the Power of Cool’
1. Know Your Purpose (A.K.A. know what you give a damn about): Purpose is the new fifth ‘P’ in Marketing.
2. Find Your Allies: Brands, culture creators and non-profits should collaborate in ways that ‘make money, and do good, by harnessing the power of cool’.
3. Think ‘Citizens’ not ‘Consumers’: Brands should think about people in a way that is ‘Transformational’ not ‘Transactional’.
4. Lead with the Cool but Bake in the Good: Socially impactful brands need to use the power of cool (great design, great story) to inspire people.
5. Don’t Advertise, Solve Problems: Brands should create physical and digital experiences that live at the ‘intersection of useful and delightful’.
6. People are the New Media: If you create something amazing, you generate the holy grail of all marketers – word-of-mouth recommendation.
7. Back Up the Promise with the Proof: Make sure you back up your words with actions.
Books by Afdhel Aziz