- Brain exercises for those wishing a more personalized approach
- Health/Wellness, Brain Exercises
- Use It or Lose It — Do Effortful Mental Activities Protect against Dementia?
- Achieving and Maintaining Cognitive Vitality with Aging
- Preventive strategies against Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Mentally challenging activitites significantly reduce their risk for Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia
- The brains anatomy, neural networks, and cognitive abilities can all be strengthened and improved through your experiences and interactions with your environment
- Memory Improvement Techniques
Dr. Alice Jacobs, Ed.D., MS is an educational physiologist and a pioneer in the field of senior learning having named and developed this new and burgeoning field known as “Sapientogogy.”
She is a published author, trainer, and educator who advocates for positive aging and lifelong learning.
She has worked in both the private and public sectors. Major career highlights include 15 years in the corporate medical sector working for international companies Schering-Plough, Xomed – a subsidiary of Bristol Meyers Squibb and Syntex Labs .
At the latter she was a recipient of the prestigious Chairman’s Recognition Award for her work in physician training and education within the HMO environment.
Other highlights include working with the Del Webb organization to establish Sun City University and consulting with Sierra College to establish the Sierra Emeritus College.
In addition to holding membership in the American Society of Aging, she serves on the Advisory Board of the Sierra Emeritus College and the State of California Department of Health and Human Services Wellness and Prevention Task Force and the international professional society Phi Gamma Sigma.
Presentations are interactive vs. lecture and include various copyrighted brain exercises designed to help people experience hemisphere dominance and learn more about how the human brain and memory functions.
Book Alice M. Jacobs, Ed.D., MS for your Event!