Avron Barr, specializes in custom competitive analysis, product positioning, and market communications projects for multinational software companies as well as smaller firms and software startups. Avron’s background includes experience in artificial intelligence, distance learning, and customer relation management software. Has published and spoken widely about software technology and the business of software. Avron co-directed the software industry research effort at Stanford University’s Computer Industry project from 1994-1999. Since then he has worked with the Korean government in the formulation of its national software industry promotion strategies and with the World Bank to help formulate a strategy for the development of the Sri Lankan software industry. He is currently consulting on a project in advanced distance learning technology.
· Key Success factors in Software market (an Industry vision)
· Market trends and potential ground for the Information and Communications Technologies (special focus for the Software Industry)
· Key ingredients of successful development strategies in the software
· The experience of Korea and Sri Lanka
· Opportunities for the Costa Rican Software Industry in the global market
To determine new areas of opportunity and to streamline their successful insertion into the international marketplace
Local software businesspersons, academic authorities, key institutions from the software development sector, outsourcers, brokers and investors, government authorities and international chambers of software producers.
Books by Avron Barr