- Teach organizations to appreciate great work
- Ability Beyond Disability
- It’s funny, poignant, recognition ideas
- Powering Recognition at Xcel Energy
- The Power of WHO
- How the Best Managers Use Recognition to Engage, Retain Talent, & Accelerate Performance
- Engaging Employee through Recognition
Chester Elton, “apostle of appreciation,” a recognition expert, goals are set for each individual that align with business and corporate goals…then leaders list behaviors that support goals.
Elton recommends investing in people and says that managers need to excel in goal-setting, communication, trust, and accountability in order to help us out of our economic troubles.
Once workers have a clear and understandable goal to focus on—they typically can accomplish it.
Chester Elton featured in The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Fast Company magazine and the New York Times.
He has also been a guest on CNN, Bloomberg Television, ABC’s Money Matters MSNBC and on National Public Radio.
He serves as a recognition expert for Fortune 100 firms such as DHL, KPMG, Wal-Mart and Avis Budget Group.
Books by Chester Elton
- The Carrot Principle
- The 24-Carrot Manager
- Best Team Wins: The New Science of High Performance
- The Best Team Wins: The New Science of High-Performance
- All In: How the Best Managers Create a Culture of Belief and Drive Big Results
- What Motivates Me: Put Your Passions to Work