- Strategic Alliances
- Emerging Regions & Markets
- Development of Internet business: M-commerce, mobile internet & Edutainment, education + entertainment
Chong Ju Choi, Ph.D., is renowned as a leading expert on the economics and business strategies of Pacific Asia.
Chong J. Choi has experience in industry, government and banking in Asia, Europe and the United States.
A senior consultant on European-East Asian business and management for international corporations like British Telecom, British Petroleum and Hyundai.
He received 3 masters and Ph.D degrees from Harvard University, U.S. (MPA); INSEAD, France (MBA); and Oxford University, U.K.(M.Phil & Ph.D economics).
He became the youngest Chaired Professor in the United Kingdom, he became the first Asian to be the director of a major program in Cambridge University’s 800 year old history.
He has been a visiting professor in Waseda University, Japan; Harvard University and Duke University; Bologna University, Italy; Helsinki School of Economics, Finland….
He has also worked on consulting, research, and executive development in over 40 countries with over 100 companies such as British Telecom; Sun Alliance; Prudential Insurance; Nokia; FORD; Financial Times; Deutsche Telekom; Lucent Technologies; UPM-Kymmene; Kemira; Telefonica; ATKearney; Bear Stearns; KPN; Lufthansa; Software AG; BHP.
The area of expertise are Knowledge and the Internet, comparing the development of Internet business practices in Europe versus Asia, especially the linkages between M-commerce (mobile internet) and Edutainment (education + entertainment).
Books by Chong Ju Choi, Ph.D., MBA
- Economics Letters
- Cultural Competences: Managing Co-Operatively Across Cultures
- Emergent Globalisation: A New Trial of Business Systems
- How to Achieve Business Success in Korea: Where Confucius Wears a Three-piece Suit
- International Business: Emerging Issues and Emerging Markets
- Knowing exchange value