- Slovanian Button Box! Traditional European sounds are performed on the very ornate Helikon Button Box. The left hand bass buttons play an Oom-Paa Tuba while the right hand plays the Mussette Melody!
- Musical Comedian: Clean Hip Comedy
- DUELING BANJOS fought out by his miniature piccolo banjo and his standard five string
- Winner of the Fingerstyle Guitar Competition
- BAGPIPE, complete with kilt
- His comedic rapport is quick to delight any audience, while impressing musicians who
Chris Michaels, learned basic ukulele chords after seeing Tiny Tim on the “Laugh-In” television series in the late 1960’s. He traded two S&H Green Stamp books (remember those?) for his first uke.
He saw and learned from the big acts; Sammy Davis, Roy Clark, Victor Borge & Wayne Newton. After seeing Roy Clark’s live show, Chris developed a fascination for the five-string banjo. Against the
advice of family and friends, (“Why would you want to play one of those?”).
Chris at Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park, California. He did a solo act
in front of the Gold Trail’s Hotel in Ghost Town, playing outdoors with no amplification. Again, seven shows a day, six days a week. While in California he made the infamous GONG SHOW television appearance,
scoring 30 points doing his version of “Dueling Banjos”. (Still part of Chris’ show today.)
While initially his sights were on Disney World, he had the good fortune of getting an audition at Sea World. This lead to a long term relationship which continued for over 25 years! Chris has played every major entertainment venue.
Live band back-up, an audience that comes to be entertained and a full tux with cowboy boots. It doesn’t get any better than this!”