- Modified to fit your event you will be given a choice of dance styles to include:
- The special event includes a quality DJ sound system and great beginning dance instruction
- Dancing through the Decades
- It includes dances from the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and today
- Dances learned can include multicultural, hip-hop, swing, latin, square, line, jazz, ballroom and/or any of the social dances today.
- You don’t have to be a great dancer to teach dance, however, this is an opportunity for you personally to develop your own rhythm and style while having a great workout.
- One workshop will convince you what an integral part dance plays in our physical, mental, social and emotional well-being.
Christy Lane is a professional choreographer, educator, and producer of live shows, award winning videos, music CD’s and multimedia CD ROMs. Acclaimed as one of “America’s most popular and respected dance instructors”, Christy travels throughout the United States teaching and choreographing for stage, video, conventions and specialized groups. Her constant contact with members of the dance community and with physical educators keeps her on the cutting edge of dance trends. With 35 award winning videos, eight music CD’s, five books, a multimedia CD ROM and numerous magazine articles to her credit, her work has been recognized by U.S. News and World Report, Washington Post, American Fitness, USA Today and Shape Magazine as she continues to share the message of wellness through dance.
Christy is an experienced private dance studio owner, artistic director and has consulted for Disney. She frequently is a presenter at numerous state, regional and national physical education and teacher conventions and was recently presented the Award of Merit from the Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance.