- Thomas Jefferson, gifted in the fields of Archeology, Architecture, Botany, Philosophy, Politics, & as a Gentleman Farmer, Violinist, Inventor, Husband, Father, Prolific Letter Writer & Slave Owner.
- One-man, energetic, emotionally taxing, show.
- Your performance and knowledge of the character were impeccable
- Enjoyed the history facts of Thomas Jefferson in such an entertaining manner.
- Outstanding portrayal of the third President of the United States, Thomas Jefferson
- Know the real Thomas Jefferson & make him come alive
- Jefferson & his contribution to American history come alive
- Outstanding, entertaining & informative program
- How he came to write his greatest achievement, the Declaration of Independence
Dale Reynolds aka Thomas Jefferson, being the same height as the president, 6’2″, and at that time a bit more slender than I am today.
I learned from Mr. Jefferson that no government can claim legitimacy without the tacit and active support of its populace; that the enemy of democracy lies not so so much from without — from invasion — as from within, in the form of apathy; that those who do not take advantage of the right to vote do not have to be listened to.
And finally, that a flourishing society is one in which the rights of the majority – always paramount – must not overcome the rights of the minority to be heard as well. Jefferson said that the fact that we disagree doesn’t impute any criminality to either side.
One-man, energetic, emotionally taxing, show. I take away as much from my audiences as they do from me.
I’m pleased to report, in the process of sharing ideas (in the form of questions-and-answers), we both learn what a thriving, living, intellectually-aware concept democracy truly is.
Dale Reynolds has been a performer and journalist, a professional acting experience encompasses Theatre (Broadway, Off-Broadway, Dinner Theatre, Summer Stock), as well as Feature Film (“Repo Man”), primetime Sitcoms (“The Jeffersons”), Dramas (“Dallas,” “Knots Landing”), and many a commercial.
Reynolds won a EMMY Award as a producer.
Reynolds was responsible for lead articles, film/book/theatre reviews and developing celebrity cover stories, including Reverend Jesse Jackson, Sir Ian McKellen, Kevin Bacon, S.F. Mayor Willie Brown, Mike Nichols, Sir Peter Hall, Rudy Galindo, Jon Secada, Maureen McGovern, Miss Universe Wendy Fitzwilliam, etc.
Actor – Performed on Broadway/Off-Broadway, Stock, Dinner Theatre; feature films, TV, shows, national tours and commercials.
Acting Coach – working with new and established actors
Arts Writer – Citizen K International, Paris, France: wrote stories on upcoming young stars
Editor – Theatre Magazine
Journalist and Senior Media Critic- Screen Actor Magazine, MANNERaktuell/ Berlin, The Weekly Mail/Johannesburg, The Reporter in Stockholm
Screenwriter – “Courting Death: A Tale of Christopher Marlowe” (with Colin Cox), a thriller/romance set during the Elizabethan era
Executive Director – The American Living History Theatre
Agent – Worked as a sub-agent
Critic – Currently being Published
Broadway Performed in the first National Tour of “Man from La Mancha”
How he became the President of the United States, what it was like during his Presidency, and how he came to write his greatest achievement, the Declaration of Independence.