- What a parent can do if their child is bullied
- What a child can do if they’re bullied
- How to tell if your child is a victim
- Solving school bus issues
- Are girls more violent today or are girls and violence just given more publicity?
- Is there too much yelling in your home?
- Do you wonder if you’re losing control and question your parenting ability?
- You deserve a home where you’re not walking on egg shells.
Derek Randel, MA, speaks nationally on how to remove the yelling from your home and how to protect your child / student from bullying and school violence. As a national speaker on parenting and bullying, Derek uses common sense simple techniques that can be used immediately.
Derek has been on numerous television and radio shows around the country. He shares his years of experience as a high school and middle school educator and has been nominated for a Disney American Teacher Award.
Tips for parents:
1. Talk with your child’s teacher. Make sure they’re aware of what is going on. Do not go into the school looking to confront the staff. We need to be on the same team.
2. Do not ignore your child’s reports. Ignoring them sends the wrong message.
3. Stress the importance of body language.
4. Teach your child how to defend him or herself. Martial arts training is highly recommended.
5. Coach your child in alternatives while teaching him/her problem solving skills.
Books by Derek Randel, MA