- Everything comes with a cost, especially when it comes to your purpose
- Most of us spend some time in Development Hell
- When things stagnate, it can be because you’ve stopped caring about your work.
- Step up your efforts or rethink what you’re doing
DeVon Franklin is a rarity: a studio executive at the forefront of Hollywood’s hit machine.
As the former Senior Vice President of Columbia TriStar Pictures: Sony Pictures.
DeVon oversaw a number of the studio’s hit films:
The Karate Kid,
The Pursuit of Happyness,
Jumping the Broom.
Heaven is For Real,
Not Easily Broken
Queen Latifah’s Beautyshop,
Franklin oversaw production on the re-made American musical Annie.
He’s appeared on CNN, FOX News, NBC and has been a featured guest on the Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday Show and the Dr. Phil Show.
Franklin was recently named by The Hollywood Reporter as one of the top 35 executives under 35 and one of the top 10 industry impact players by the NAACP.
DeVon is a published author, preacher on how-to guide about pursuing your career without compromising your true self.
DeVon Franklin introduces a dynamic business model for building a thriving career without compromising one’s self; your life is equated with the challenging process of making a movie.
You are encouraged to weather the challenges of life by fighting for your dreams and never giving up on your true self.
The Development Stages are:
• The Big Idea: Your vision for the kind of success you want to have and the person you want to become.
•Development Hell: The time when you hit obstacles and must find a way past them.
•Selling the Idea: When you find an employer or industry that will serve your goals and God’s goals.
• Budgeting and Scheduling: When you figure out what achieving your goals will cost and how long it will take.
• Writing the Script: Making and following your plan through all its plot twists.
• Casting: Figuring out the people you need in your life to bring your story into production.
• Getting Notes: When God gives you feedback and you (hopefully) listen and adjust your course.
• God’s Green Light: When God brings you together with the opportunity you’ve been working toward.
The Production Stages are:
•Lights, Camera, Action: Where you are in the position you’ve sought and now must perform and produce results for God.
• Distribution: You see how the person God has shaped you to be impacts the larger world.
• Cutting it Together: Where you experience how God will put the pieces of your career and faith together to create your road to success.
• You, the Sequel: God gets you ready for the next stage of your career and purpose.
• Marketing and Publicity: In which God will market and promote who you are becoming.
“In the years I’ve known DeVon, he’s lived his life the same way he makes his movies: with commitment, humility, and a work ethic that demands respect. I’m honored to have been a part of his journey from stellar intern to studio Vice President – his story is on to be shared with anyone chasing a dream.” – Will Smith
“Holding onto one’s true self while pursuing a dream, especially in the entertainment business, is no small feat. DeVon demonstrates this possibility beautifully and without compromise. The themes of DeVon’s concepts are great examples of how to pursue any career, not just within the movie business.”