- Employees Can Contribute to a Culture of Innovation
- Entrepreneurial Selling: Sell differently than everyone else
- Counterintuitive Reasons Most New Businesses Fail
- Retrospective: Never Settle for Good Enough
- Creating a deep understanding of your customers
- De-risking new initiatives before investing significant time and capital
- Defending your company from entrepreneurial competitors
Diana Kander: on Innovation – Launching new products and services is the only way to stay competitive in the new economy.
Unfortunately, most companies have a process in place that stifles innovation. Diana Kander’s recent program, “Our Approach to Innovation is Dead Wrong” explains why our traditional thinking with regard to launching new products or initiatives is actually killing those new ideas before they ever have a chance to succeed.
A Georgetown-educated attorney who left a successful practice to launch her first company, Diana draws on her experience as a founder, investor, and academic to train companies and non-profits how to be more innovative and how to get their employees to think like entrepreneurs.
Diana provides practical tools & shares insight on how implementing innovation into your organization’s culture is a must in order to succeed and grow in today’s market.
“Diana continues to shine as one of the best speakers we have had the pleasure of hosting”
“The gushing praise we received from our attendees was overwhelming.”
“The level of engagement from Diana made it really meaningful and much more personal.”
“The training has provided a roadmap for transforming our business into a more entrepreneurial company.”
“Diana’s message isn’t all roses – she challenges her audiences to think differently, act strategically, and create critical conversations among founders, businesses, and collaborators.”