- Indigenizing Mainstream Education
- Mythic adventure of the metaphorical solar & lunar twin energies
- Counter-hegemonic education: Unlearning the Language of Conquest
- Old Time Piano Music
Don Trent Jacobs, Ph.D., Ed.D., aka Four Arrows (Wahinkpe Topa) is an American Indian: Cherokee, Muscogee Creek, and Scots-Irish ancestry, a university professor, author and activist.
A fire fighter and emergency medical technician (EMT). U.S. Marine Corps Officer, Viet Nam era.
He is a Lakota Sun Dancer, recipient of the Canadian Mid-Day Star Award and the Martin-Springer Institute for Holocaust Studies Moral Courage Award.
He is author of 21 published books and numerous articles, which has been endorsed by some of the world’s greatest thinkers, as well as by many of the most widely recognized environmental groups.
A world class musician and equestrian and a provocative, engaging international keynoter, Four Arrows offers a variety of exciting and relevant topics for our times.
Trauma Communication Strategies For First Responders: Based on his Patient Communication for First Responders: The First Hour of Trauma he reveals the power of rapport, expectation and verbal strategies at the scene of an emergency that can guide the patient’s ANS to life-saving healing.
“Only a handful of visionaries understands that in traditional American Indian ways of know rests the solutions for our current ecological crises.” Four Arrows, author of the ground-breaking texts, Primal Awareness, Unlearning the Language of Conquest, and most recently, Teaching Truly: A Curriculum to Indigenize Mainstream Education*, will offer practical approaches to overcoming educational hegemony and bringing spiritual and ecological wisdom.
Old Time Piano Music: Four Arrows is also 4th in the world as an “Old Time Piano Player.” A recent documentary about him entitled,
“The Entertainers” has won 7 audience favorite awards and 8 best documentaries in major film festivals, Four Arrows is the ultimate showman and plays honky tonk piano. Join him for a fun sing-a-long with some philosophy thrown in!
Books by Donald Trent Jacobs, Ph.D., Ed.D., aka Four Arrows
- The Bum’s Rush
- Patient Communication for First Responders and EMS Personnel
- Primal Awareness: A True Story of Survival, Transformation, and Awakening with the Raramuri Shamans of Mexico
- Teaching Truly: A Curriculum to Indigenize Mainstream Education
- Unlearning the Language of Conquest
- Primal Awareness; Critical Neurophilosophy; Indigenous Wisdom