- Conventional Approaches to Aggression and Violence Prevention are not Working!
- Prevent aggression from happening in the first place, and benefit by the increased productivity.
- Can We Identify a Potential Terrorist / Predator?
- Preventing Aggression in the Workplace
- Rage, Rage & More Rage
- Before Conflict, Preventing Aggressive Behavior
Reaction versus Prevention
If our responsibility is the safety of those in our organization, isn’t it essential that we prevent hazard as opposed to waiting to react to it? If all we intend to do is to react to aggression we will, eventually, get someone who does not communicate verbally but instead communicates physically and “out of nowhere” strikes out; worst yet, the aggressor has a weapon and pulls the trigger. The important question becomes: “Prior to conflict, when do I engage this person and begin the defusing process?” If you cannot measure aggression, you cannot answer that question!
As we enter into this new Century we need a Paradigm Shift, a shift from reacting to aggression to a Paradigm of Prevention. Current methods for preventing aggression and violence in our workplaces are not working!
Books by Dr. John D. Byrnes