- Line editing, also development and reorganization of the material
- As a book doctor of nonficiton, Hawley has written nonfiction books
- Full of sound advice
- Hawley Roddick’s writing is clean and funny, accessible but not patronizing.
Hawley Roddick: (English literature), in addition to co-authoring clients’ memoirs and providing services as a book doctor of nonfiction, Hawley has written nonfiction books.
Articles about Hawley Roddick’s work have appeared in the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, San Jose Times Tribune, Christian Science Monitor, Stanford Magazine.
To those aspiring authors still slogging through that first draft, I recommend you put your manuscript aside and read Your Memoirs.
Professional memoirists, you might consider a quick refresher read of Your Memoirs before you begin a project.
[In fact,] if you write in this genre, you’ll want to keep Your Memoirs close by. Fortunately the binding is strong; it can withstand a lot of handling.
Books by Hawley Roddick
- Your Memoirs: Saving the Stories of Your Life and Work
- Business Writing Makeovers: Shortcut Solutions to Improve Your Letters, E-Mails, and Faxes
- Writing That Means Business: How to Get Your Message Across Simply and Effectively
- Secret Choices
- Holding Patterns