- Effecting change and promote understanding regarding issues related to human complexities
- Photographs published in the editions of Photographer’s Forum Best of Photography Annual
- Developed a unique way of viewing the world
- Devoted to the design and management of treatment programs for sexually abused children and violent juvenile offenders.
- Physician Roles in the Convergence of Medicine and Autism.
Michael Whitaker, MD,is an (Orthopaedic Surgeon), Social Psychology, developing and implementing programs for difficult-to-treat children and youth.
Specific populations with which Whitaker worked included retarded children, unemployed inner-city youths, violent juvenile offenders, juvenile sexual offenders, and sexually abused children.
Programs are based on a theoretical paradigm he developed and entitled “The Nature of Being Human: A Model for Attempting to Understand the Chaos.”
Related to successes of his programs, the common-sense basis of his model, and his abilities to assimilate theories and visually represent them, Whitaker enjoyed public recognition throughout his career.
His curricula lists seventy-five state, national, and international conferences at which he made presentations, and thirty-five state,
Federal and private agencies that engaged him as consultant, primarily to evaluate and restructure programs.
He gave expert testimony before the U. S. House of Representatives and once before the California Supreme Court.
He was published thirteen times, including six articles in scientific and professional journals.
Accomplishments of his programs have been acknowledged via five journal articles, chapters in three books, three national television programs, and two awards for outstanding achievement.
His paradigms for effecting change and promote understanding regarding issues related to human complexities.