- Counter Punch
- Her message is that you can do whatever you want to do and be whatever you want to be. Life is like a boxing match. You can get knocked down, but you always have a puncher’s chance to get back up and win the fight.
- Ask her: How did she deal with death threats and other obstacles to excel in a man’s sport?
- Ask her: Are all boxers psychopaths?
- Ask her: Does women’s boxing have a future?
- Women in Leadership Roles
- Women’s Health
Jackie Kallen is considered to be the most successful female boxing manager in history.
She discovered a young fighter named James Toney and steered him to three world championships.
She now manages heavyweight contender Wayne Lllewellyn and two-time female Champion Yvonne Trevino.
She is the first female inductee to the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame.
JACKIE KALLEN, Against the Ropes: One Woman’s Knockout Success Story – Meg Ryan isn’t a boxing manager; she just plays one in the movie Against the Ropes. Jackie Kallen is the world’s most successful female boxing manager and the inspiration for the film.
Kallen has an incredible life story of defeating the odds and never accepting failure as an option. As the first and most successful female boxing manager, she thrived in a male dominated profession filled with major barriers and hurdles.
A journalist-turned-publicist for Thomas Hearns and Detroit’s Kronk Boxing Team, Kallen spent ten years learning the ropes of the boxing world.
As a manager, she groomed James Toney to become a world champion shortly after launching her business. She attributes her success to persistence, focus, and adapting to change.
Kallen reveals her secrets to overcoming adversity in all forms-sexism, discrimination and even life-threatening illness during her talk guaranteed to empower and inspire the audience
Books by Jackie Kallen
- Hit Me With Your Best Shot: How to Score a Knockout In All of Life’s ArenasA Fight Plan for Dealing With All of Life’s Hard Knocks