- Delivering presentations to schools on the importance of attitude & self-image
- My experience working with MTV and my feelings towards MTV’s influence on young people
- The importance of our role models and how they influence our decisions.
- How to change our self-image by facing the tough questions.
- The eight most powerful phrases for building respect.
- How comparing ourselves to others can sabotage our potential.
- The essence of Self and how to create it.
Jeffrey C. Yalden as an educator, his work is to teach our youth the keys to success: respect, direction, choice-and-consequence.
At a time when children will literally die for acceptance, he must instill in them a sense of the bigger picture, a life beyond hormones.
His work is to get inside our kids and prepare them not only for scholastic tests but for the real-life trials that lie ahead. He captures their attention with stories that educate and stimulate, messages they can’t help but remember.
Psychologists call it the “flash bulb memory,” these a-ha moments that come with emotional charge.
Kids are glued to their seats, eager to hear more—staying after, in fact, to ask questions. They are receptive to my message because I speak in a language they can understand.
One high school senior, “Jeff says what our parents would say if they only knew how. He speaks with us, not at us.”
And here’s the great part: While the audience laughs and learns, I myself resonate with a sense of connection—connection with the students and with the mission.
Any teacher will tell you how rewarding it is to reach a child; I find that the best way to achieve this is by “keeping it real.” Smart, but real.
Please find here a handful of testimonials from people whose lives I’ve had the fortune to touch. My philosophy to “Play Like a Champion Today” — with class, respect, and generosity.
The importance of setting goals.
Great stories of love and hope — Warning: They’re hilarious!
Drugs and alcohol — public enemy number one.
Three rules to give you life purpose.
A Letter from Jeff:
I have been speaking to youth all over the world. My clients include The University of Notre Dame, NASSP, The U.S. Department of Defense, The PRIDE World Drug-Free Conference, the National Student Council Conference, the National Autism Association, and thousands of middle school and high school audiences. In my travels, I have learned that a successful speaker must be at once entertaining, inspirational, and in the student’s eyes, “awesome.”
A successful speaker is someone whose spirit stays in the school long after the auditorium empties and the lights go out.
I like to think that I have met these criteria, stimulating students and getting them excited about their futures.
Why are motivational programs like mine important?
As any educator knows, it takes only one poignant message to inspire a student to consider the world in a new light, or to make a moral life decision. Not everyone leaves my program with a new worldview, but everyone can agree: “That guy made sense.” My name is Jeff Yalden. Perhaps the secret to my success is how my own life is a story of transformation.
Books by Jeffrey C. Yalden
- Boom: One Word to Instantly Inspire Action, Deliver Rewards, and Positively Affect Your Life Every Day!
- Your Life Matters: Take Time To Think Tips From Television’s Favorite Teen & Family LIfe Coach
- Your Life Matters: Tips from America’s Favorite Teen & Family Life Coach
- Teen Suicide: The “Why” Behind America’s Suicide Epidemic
- They Call Me Coach
- Pathway to Purpose
- 28 Days Creating a Life of Success: A daily step by step plan to Crush Goals, Overcome Obstacles, Believe in Yourself, and Live an Epically Awesome Life!