- Branch Rickey: Baseball (who broke the game’s color line by signing Jackie Robinson)
- H.L. Mencken: American humorist
- G.K. Chesterton: British writer
- Bobby Jones: Golf, who won the Grand Slam in 1930
- George Orwell: British writer
- Huey Long: Louisiana’s Huey Long rose to Governor and US Senator
Dr. John C. “Chuck” Chalberg has brought his historical characters to audiences across the country. A veteran performer, he has been bringing Teddy Roosevelt back to life for years. Since then he has added presentations as American humorist H.L. Mencken, British writers G.K. Chesterton and George Orwell, baseball’s Branch Rickey (who broke the game’s color line by signing Jackie Robinson), golf’s Bobby Jones, who won the Grand Slam in 1930.