- What’s in Your Bucket?
- Discover the core values that drove this American Family to risk all and stand up, step forward, and commit to fight for their ideals
- Kurt shares details of his KISS! plan (Keep It Simple, Stupid!), which helped him through his brutal interrogation and his nine months in solitary confinement.
- Humor is a powerful tonic! Hear the many ways Kurt kept up his sense of humor, many times at the expense of his guards.
- Panama was the only home Kurt knew, and it was being threatened by a ruthless machete-waving dictator.
- Six Minutes To Freedom’ For MadRiver
- No Escape Pair Plan Six Minutes to Freedom
Kurt Muse was born in the United States into a family of citizen soldiers whose roots go back to the Revolutionary War.
His adventurous family lived first in Cuba and eventually settled in Panama where they began a printing and graphic arts supply business. Kurt married his high school sweetheart and came back to the U.S. for college.
After graduation, Kurt took his ROTC commission for a short stint in the Army. Obligations fulfilled, he returned to Panama to help grow his family’s business and start a family of his own.
Being an American citizen, Kurt studiously avoided politics…until 1987.
Noriega burned down one of his companies and killed one of his good friends.
Panama was the only home Kurt knew, and it was being threatened by a ruthless machete-waving dictator.
Muse had been imprisoned for broadcasting from a pirate radio station that dissented against Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega. He was the first American rescued from prison by the U.S. Delta Force.