- Women and their Vampires: Why many women find horror hot
- Filmmaking on the Fringe: How independent filmmakers get films made
- The 50 Most Erotic Films of All Time: Film recommendations
- Maitland’s Movie Club: Starting a movie club, like a book club
- Film History, Film Criticism: What Does a Film Critic Do?
- Role-model for young women
Maitland McDonagh film critic, film history/theory/criticism and is internationally recognized for her writing on the horror genre
TV commentator is former Sr. Movies Editor of TV Guide and
its FlickChick columnist.
In a male-dominated field, she is a role-model for girls and women.
The author of 4 books & a contributor to pubs. from
“Entertainment Weekly” to
“The NY Times,”
she has appeared on panels for
Film Society of Lincoln Center,
appeared in many TV documentaries,
including Bravo’s popular “100 Scariest Movie Moments” and sequel, and “Night Bites: Women and Their Vampires” for WE / Women’s Entertainment Channel.
She is an erudite and entertaining speaker on any film-related topic, from Oscars to art movies.
Critic, lecturer and TV commentator Maitland McDonagh is the author of Movie Lust,
Filmmaking on the Fringe,
The 50 Most Erotic Films of All Time and
Broken Mirrors/Broken Minds: The Dark Dreams of Dario Argento, an all-new edition of which will be published in 2010.
She currently edits and writes for AMCtv’s Horror Hacker, contributes to Time Out New York, Film Comment and other magazines, and has been interviewed for many film-related documentaries.
She reviews new movie and DVD releases here, and blogs about movie-related news, views and issues.
Books by Maitland McDonagh