- What Creates Self-Esteem?
- Learn How to Have High Self Esteem Now!
- Speaking up for yourself with others and telling your truth without blame or judgment in conflict situations.
- Taking care of your body through eating well, getting enough exercise, enough sleep….
- Creating a balance between work, rest, play and creative time.
- Attending to – rather than ignoring – your own feelings and needs.
We all want to feel good about ourselves but many of us go about this in the ways that will never create self-esteem.
Do you believe that you will have high self-esteem when:
. You make a lot of money?
. You achieve a high position in your work?
. You have an expensive car or an expensive home?
. You are famous?
. You find the right relationship?
. You receive approval from the important people in your life?
While all of these can result in momentary good feelings, none of them create a deep and abiding sense of self-esteem.
Self-esteem actually has nothing to do with your achievements or with other people. Self-esteem results from two things regarding your inner relationship with yourself:
. How you see yourself
. How you treat yourself
Books by Margaret B. Paul