- Passion — the quality of emotional vibrancy, zest, commitment, and energy to pursue excellence and the course one believes to be true.
- Risk — the ability to take chances and explore new territory and methods in pursuit of shared goals, and the ability to support others in their explorations.
- Innovation — the skill to invent, recombine, and create new solutions to problems using either old or new forms, methods, and/or resources.
- Listening — the ability to truly hear and feel the the communication of passion, meaning and rhythms of others.
- How to manage creativity, integrate diversity, respond innovatively
Jazz Impact was developed by Michael Gold, Ph.D. Mr. Gold spent many years as a jazz bassist. In addition to performing, he taught extensively and ran the jazz department at Vassar College. He received a grant from The National Endowment for the Arts for a program that he designed to teach the skills of jazz improvisation to professional orchestral musicians. Michael Gold is an exciting speaker whose vision of collaborative dynamics and passion for jazz will enlighten, entertain, and motivate the people whose collaborative skills and creative energy you value. Jazz Impact is a fusion of insights and parallels drawn from both the world of business and the world of jazz. In an environment where the only constant is change, the improvisational techniques of jazz go beyond metaphorical inspiration- techniques that can have an immediate effect on your business. Through hands-on interaction and the compelling performance of a World Class Jazz Ensemble, Jazz Impact demonstrates:
What skills are needed for improvisation
What risks improvisers encounter
Why improvisation is critical
How these principles relate to the interactive dynamics of your corporation
His goal is to motivate, facilitate change and deliver results