- Work attitudes ; Attitude change ; Attitude measurement
- Why attitudes are so important in life
- Using the Self-Image Inventory to assess attitude and recognizing the energy that is exerted at work, at home, and in the student’s personal life because of attitude
- Serving your customers a can do attitude
- Activities to Enhance the Good, Bad and Ugly Attitudes.
Michele M. Yanna, why attitudes are so important in life, explain the sources of attitudes and how they are formed, define the parts of an attitude, and use a formula to calculate attitude and anticipated action. Addresses how to analyze attitude. This involves using the “Self-Image Inventory” to assess attitude and recognizing the energy that is exerted at work, at home, and in the student’s personal life because of attitude. Explores five attitude-adjustment techniques for fine-tuning attitudes about self, happiness, dealing with change, accepting other people, and coping with guilt. Techniques are taught for replacing negative thoughts with positive thoughts. Suggestions are offered for finding happiness and overcoming mild depression. Five strategies to maintain a positive attitude are presented. Included in the discussion are the importance of setting goals for the future while enjoying the moment. The student is also challenged to express his/her true feelings about life’s ups and downs. A five-step process for dealing with other people who have negative attitudes or attitudes that are different from one’s own. Ways to prevent another person’s negative attitudes from undermining one’s own positive attitudes are described. Guides the student in assessing his/her understanding of personal attitudes and how to use the “Attitude Action Planner” to gain control of one’s attitude and life.
Books by Michele Matt Yanna