- Edison: Every wrong attempt discarded is just one more step forward!
- Edison: I never allow myself to be discouraged under any circumstances!
- Edison: The only reason I invent is to make money…to go on inventing!
- Patrick Garner on Lewis & Clark, a Celebration of American Teamwork
- Garner on Benjamin Franklin: Tell me and I forget! Teach me and I remember! Involve me and I learn!
- Garner on The Wright Brothers & Sister! World’s greatest problem solvers
Patrick Garner, asks, What could a man eighty-years dead possibly have to teach me and my business?
How could his hundred-year-old solutions solve my problems?
What makes Edison so great anyway?
1093 US Patents including the Phonograph,
the Light Bulb,
the Motion Picture Projector,
the Universal Stock Ticker,
the Alkaline Battery,
Improved Cement Manufacturing ,
the Electric Train,
the Tattoo Pen,
Wax Paper and all their subsequent manufacturing processes.
The Non-Patented but very necessary Modern Research Laboratory!
Some historians credit him with inventing the Twentieth Century!
(… how many streets, parks and cities have they named after you?)
He lost his fortune twice in the midst of great depressions…and made it all back.
His light bulb is still the world-wide symbol for an idea. And he did it all with only three months of formal schooling, and an almost total loss of hearing,
Look at Problems from a Different Angle!
NIKOLA TESLA–The No Jerk Rule, Edison-style
Actor whose credits range from street fairs to Broadway. Broadway’s GYPSY starring Bernadette Peters, he has performed opposite such stars as Whoopi Goldberg, Nathan Lane, Kelly Ripa, Kevin Kline and John Lithgow.
He has toured all over the country performing Shakespeare and Moliere.
Garner’s work as a writer of children’s history books for AOL Time/Warner’s TIME FOR KIDS and ancillary worksheets for textbooks, as he brings the school assembly production house that brings history’s greatest figures to your group!