- Respect leads to high levels of employee & customer engagement, & provides organizations with a competitive advantage.
- Powerful leaders are powerful because they invoke strong followership
- Delivers, constructive performance feedback in a positive and supportive manner
- Encourages cross-departmental cooperation
- Expectations: Sets clear expectations & holds you accountable
- Keep promises & commitments
- Demonstrates respect for others
- Spreading Respect in the Work Place
Paul L. Marciano, Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, on employee engagement; retention; on behavior modification and motivation.
Reward and recognition programs can be costly and inefficient, and they primarily reward employees who are already highly engaged and productive performers.
Worse still, these programs actually decrease employee motivation because they can make individual recognition, rather than the overall success of the team, the goal.
Paul on Leadership, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Survey Development, Research Methods and Statistics.
Paul in the field of Organizational Development is committed to helping organizations cultivate, manage, and grow their human capital.
Paul provides dozens of real world case studies and turnkey strategies to increase employee discretionary effort and reduce turnover.
Dr. Marciano’s model that has been embraced by schools, medical practices, pharmaceutical companies, manufacturing facilities, sales organizations, consulting firms, and government agencies.
Books by Paul L. Marciano, Ph.D.
- Carrots and Sticks Don’t Work: Build a Culture of Employee Engagement with the Principles of RESPECT
- Super Teams: Using the Principles of Respect to Unleash Explosive Business Performance