- The moral standing of non-humans
- Philosophical Reflections
- Obligations of Justice Towards Future Generations: A Revolution in Social and Legal Thought
- Logic for Dummies by one of them
- Fundamentals of the philosophy of language
- Syntaxs, semantics and pragmatics
Per Ariansen, a philosopher: comprises exerpts from the major philosophers and some texts from the history of science plus articles on ethics from contemporary writers. Hopefully, the effect is that all are familiar with philosophical questioning and have some capacity to find relevant material when such questions come up in their studies and research activities.
Aside from my teaching commitments, or ExPhil for short, I have been working in the field of Environmental Philosophy. As an environmental philosopher I have been interested in the anthropocentrism debate, holding an anthropocentric position. Also, I have written on the problems of obligations to future generations, the taxonomy of values. Some work has been done on the topics of responsibility, care and justice, trust and spirituality. I have given numerous talks or presented papers on matters of environmental philosophy, in Norway, in Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Ireland, Japan, Australia, Germany, Poland, Estonia, Italy, Russia, Lithuania and the US.