- Dare to Dream
Motivating, insightful and thought provoking, Ralph Heath has shared his Dare to Dream presentation to organizations nation wide.
1. Create a friendly, supportive, relaxed, comfortable, laughter-filled environment where people support one another, where people aren’t afraid to take risks and make mistakes, and office politics is as absent as it can be in a human enterprise.
2. Create an environment where we do outstanding “work” and are well-known and respected for our creative and innovativeness.
3. Invest heavily in the personal growth of our people.
4. Attract and keep exciting people (some of whom may even be a little offbeat).
5. Everyone is special. While acknowledging that rules and order are necessary in organizations, make sure we also acknowledge that everyone is special and rules sometimes need to be broken.
6. Constantly question the way we do things. Always ask, “What if we did it this way instead of that way?” Always try to improve upon our thinking. Always try to improve upon the last effort. Always ask, “How can I make it better?”
7. Make sure that those who leave us, voluntarily or involuntarily, can testify to having learned a lot, having had a special experience, having grown tremendously in their knowledge of what we do, and having made friends while they were here.
8. Ensure that no question or innuendo ever surfaces about our ethics.
9. Stay focused on the details and take responsibility for 100% of the agency-client relationship. Details include: always do strategic planning, always play with the client’s product, always start meetings on time, send out near-perfect invoices, always do conference reports, always return phone calls, always take great care with sku’s and prices and in general never forget that we are 100% responsible for the “details.”
10. Work with clients who allow us the freedom to pursue all possibilities.
11. Grow the agency by providing great: creative, strategic thinking, marketing and service to our valuable clients.
12. Listen intently to our clients and our clients’ customers and move quickly to solve their problems.
13. Build strategic relationships with our clients by understanding our clients’ business, ‘ customers and strategy. Help them make money, save money, or add value for their customers.
14. Lower our clients’ costs by continually analyzing our own procedures and working more efficiently, by electronic linking to our clients and suppliers, and by discussing openly and honestly with our clients what they, and we, can do organizationally to improve the efficiency of producing great work together. Create an environment where leadership and innovation grow from those associates that are closest to the work. Empower associates to listen and solve our clients’ challenges.
15. Constantly improve the level of our creative.
16. On a daily basis, try to improve some small thing we do.
17. The customer (and their customers) are king.
18. Decisions should be made based on what is in the best interests of our customers.
19. Be creative and courageous. Eliminate as best we can, fear of being wrong, fear of failure, fear of rejection and fear of emotional discomfort. Play to win. We choose to take risks, seek challenges and endure emotional discomfort.
20. All associates write their own clearly defined goals. Their goals are reviewed every six months by their department leader and every twelve months by the department leader and the president of the company.