- Leaders strive to identify and reduce risk and arrange the work force into teams, understanding the leadership issues involved in project management becomes paramount to their continued success.
- Learn Project Management vocabulary
- Identify and reduce project risks
- Understand the Project Life Cycle
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to understand the full magnitude of the project
- Solve time estimating formulas
- Visualize project management as a tool for being more productive
- Insight and understanding for the supervision and management of people
- The difference between managing and leading
Richard Vail understands what motivates classroom participants and what client training firms expect of contractual training personnel. He has presented over 1,000 full day training programs in 46 states and have provided traiing in nine different countries on four continents. Richard attended University and is a commercially rated fixed wing and rotary wing pilot with instructor certification in both. He served in the United States Army as a helicopter pilot and is a Vietnam Veteran.
As you identify training needs that might be best addressed by a contractual trainer with a strong project management and training background.
Managers are looking into new markets to provide expanding services to both internal clients and external clients. This effort requires team based, project oriented management that understands formal project management methodology. Formal project management methodology helps managers deliver products and services to both internal and external clients on time, on budget and at the professional level expected.
Learning how to communicate the total picture with clarity and objectivity to team members and clientele management.
Many traditional tasks could be accomplished more effectively using project management methodology. Tasks such as evaluating capital expenditure proposals, directing the annual physical inventory, coordinating the annual business plan, and the planning and implementing a new cost accounting system are clearly projects that could be accomplished more efficiently with the application of formal project management methodology.
As leaders strive to identify and reduce risk and arrange the work force into teams, understanding the leadership issues involved in project management becomes paramount to their continued success.