- The Runaway Stimulus: Pros, Cons, and the Likely Effects of Fiscal Spending Packages
- Disasters Waiting to Happen: What We Should Really Be Worrying About, and What We Shouldn’t
- Robert Barro: Stimulus Spending Keeps Failing
Robert J. Barro insights into the role of the government and private markets in the current recession, and the behavior of the Federal Reserve.
His views on the federal stimulus package, financial regulation, the troubles besetting the European Union, and the intensifying competition with Asia often appear in the Wall Street Journal, where he served as contributing editor, the Economist, Bloomberg, and Business Week, where he has been a viewpoint columnist.
Barro is a Professor of Economics, a senior fellow, a research associate, and a visiting scholar.
Professor Robert Barro one of the word’s foremost economists, is an influential thinker on fiscal stability and government policy for financial and business organizations.
The man who dared suggest higher taxes were the solution
“…Professor Robert Barro, one of the US’s leading economists, confesses that he’s in favour of the US imposing a federal sales tax, similar in its breath and scope to European VAT.”
Books by Robert J. Barro
- Getting It Right
- Costs and Benefits of Economic Integration in Asia
- Economic Growth
- Determinants of Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Empirical Study