- How does your company or department represent your brand?
- Cultural integration
- Global strategy U.S. & international retail channels: United Parcel Service: UPS
- Telecommunications solutions
- Rocky successfully launched one of the largest re-branding initiatives in franchising history: The UPS Store
- Supply Chain Solutions: Supply chain logistics strategy
- Overseeing nearly 72,000 employees
Rocky Romanella, management, operations and engineering experience, under his direction as President of Retail and Residential Operations, UPS successfully launched one of the largest re branding initiatives in franchising history, revolutionizing the $9 billion retail shipping and business services market.
He was responsible for the global strategy of all U.S. and international retail channels.
As President and General Manager of UPS Supply Chain Solution’s Americas Region, Romanella was instrumental in leading UPS’s entry into the health care industry while managing and integrating more than 20 acquisitions into the Supply Chain Solutions business.
His responsibilities have also included overseeing nearly 72,000 employees throughout nine states. Romanella has experience in all facets of the UPS business operations. For over three decades, he held various management positions including hub and package operations and industrial engineering.
He led project teams on numerous special assignments to develop customer solutions tools and processes for improving operational inefficiencies, and was instrumental in generating revenue growth for UPS Supply Chain Solutions in North and South America.
Romanella led the district to become the first in UPS history to reach $1 billion in annual revenue. He is a winner of the UPS Chairman’s Award for Excellence.
Think like a customer by approaching each challenge as a true solutions provider. By watching you, your people need to embrace this concept so they think like a customer in all they do. They consider the business from the eyes of the customer and this guides their decisions and actions.
• Feel like a valuable contributor by knowing your work and your team’s work matters and never compromising on safety. When you feel valued, you are empowered. You make smart decisions. By doing so, you create an uncompromising culture of integrity, honesty, respect and service.
• Act like an owner by understanding the business and your role in what leads to success. When you consider your actions within your business as if it’s your own, you pay careful attention to all of the above – your customers and people – and more.
I believe in the Balanced Leadership philosophy along with eight drivers of success that I called the “Big 8”. They can become your road map for excellence in all aspects of your business.
Your true character is defined by your honesty of purpose. Your purpose is sacred and authentic. Honesty is what’s at the core of your moral character. It’s being trustworthy, loyal, fair, sincere and true, even when it is difficult to be. It is not only how you create your values, but also how you add value to the lives of others.
Purpose-driven people put their morals, character and honesty first. Without purpose, we drift. With purpose, we steer.
You have the responsibility to yourself and to others to use your best judgment, weigh your options carefully and make the right decisions – even if they’re not the most favorable or popular – even when no one is watching!
When you do that you honor yourself and your values. Wherever your path takes you, know that your trustworthiness is your highest honor. For if you are a trusted leader, others will believe in your vision, mission and values, and trust in you enough to follow you, whether in business or on the battlefield.
Rocky is an inspiring leader that personally connects with his audience. Through his unique business and personal examples, he captures the attention of the room and imparts relevant lessons that truly motivates you to be a balanced leader aware of how your actions affect your customers, associates and business partners.
Books by Rocky Romanella