- The Virtue of Conflict How to Survive & Thrive in the Face of Diversity Tension
- Skills needed to identify & defeat the biases that compromise their ability to work & lead effectively.
- Identifying shared values, interests, & goals while valuing diversity.
- Culturally-Competent Health Care: The Key To Your Competitive Advantage
- Improved patient care, therefore, increased market share
- Making Diversity Work
- Bias-Free Leadership: Your Competitive Advantage
- Bias-Free Health Care Leadership: Managing Effectively in a Diverse Environment (Health Care Industry)
- Defeat Unconscious Bias One Step at a Time.
- Canine companions to enhance the life of a person with a disability
Sondra Thiederman, Ph.D., on workplace diversity, cross-cultural business, and bias reduction can help you reach your diversity/inclusion goals.
On Cross-Cultural Communications, Sondra helps professionals in Fortune 500 companies, public sector organizations, and dozens of associations find ways to successfully navigate our increasingly diverse workplaces. Sondra has helped hundreds of groups develop solutions to their cross-cultural and diversity leadership challenges.
Learning to deliver optimal care to a diverse population can seem a daunting task. You will learn that certain key principles, if properly applied, can make an immediate difference and, in turn, generate positive word-of-mouth within the community.
General Motors, Xerox Corporation, Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, Marriott Corporation, the Mayo Clinic, Century 21 Real Estate, American Express, The Federal Reserve Bank, Motorola, and AT&T.
She has also addressed notable associations including the Arthritis Foundation, the Mortgage Bankers Association, the American Society of Association Executives, and the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
In addition, she has served as consultant to the University of California and the American Cancer Society and has been appointed by Elizabeth Dole to serve on the Diversity Cabinet of the American Red Cross.
Sondra: The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, and U.S.A Today.
She is published in professional journals ranging from T&D to Real Estate Today to Association Management, and has written on diversity.
“Sondra made us laugh, think and change while providing specific strategies for diffusing unconscious bias.”
“Sondra’s presentation was perfectly tailored to our group. In addition, her style was genuine, credible, and stimulating. Most important, she used examples which were perfectly balanced, neither too abstract nor too concrete. She held everyone in rapt attention due in part to the fact that her passion and enthusiasm were infectious.”
“Many managers who had previously not been very receptive to the topic of diversity said that you presented the topic in such an ‘easy to digest’ and playful manner that they couldn’t resist opening their minds to what you had to say. Thank you for making this one of the best Management Days ever.”
“Even the stodgiest ‘good-old-boy’ responded positively to your approach. Several from a group that I really expected to resist the topic said, ‘Best speaker I have heard in a long time,’ and ‘I could have listened for hours.’ Your message of seeing people without the screen of bias crept into our interactions throughout the week and continues to be integrated into our dealings with contractors and co-workers now that we are back to work. You allowed us to look at ourselves without fear and see a route for increased effectiveness through those insights. Thank you for that and for a job exceedingly well done.”
Books by Sondra Thiederman, Ph.D.
- Making Diversity Work: Seven Steps for Defeating Bias in the Workplace
- Profiting in America’s Multicultural Marketplace
- Bridging cultural barriers for corporate success
- Getting culture smart
- Gateways to Discussion: The Diversity & Inclusion Casebook
- The Diversity and Inclusion Handbook
- 3 Keys to Defeating Unconscious Bias: Watch, Think, Act