- Couples fight because they inadvertently cause shame and fear in each other
- How compassionate connection regulates both fear and shame
- Disarming Jealousy
- Relationships: Conflict
- Anger in Marriage – Fear of Compassion
- Anger Management Techniques – Why They Fail
- Ending Emotional Abuse
- Diets Are From Hell
- Why We Think Thin and Eat Fat
- Living & Loving After Betrayal : How to Heal from Emotional Abuse, Deceit, Infidelity, & Chronic Resentment
Steven Stosny, Ph.D., on improving relationships. Dr. Stosny argues that marriage counseling, psychotherapy, anger management, and abuser treatment often makes relationships worse.
Many therapists make hurt women feel ashamed of their natural feelings of guilt; the therapy is too slow-acting.
Stosny argues, “Abuser groups fail because they focus on negative attitudes, rather than the core hurts that cause them.”
Steven Stosny, Ph.D., has treated over 6,000 for various forms of anger, abuse, and violence.
He also speaks about the effect of anger on health and anger at children,
He has been an advisor: County Circuit and District courts on domestic violence.
Has appeared on:
The Oprah Winfrey Show
The Today Show
CBS Sunday Morning
CNN’s Talkback Live
Anderson Cooper 360
The New York Times, The Washington Post, U.S. News & World Report, The Wall Street Journal, Esquire, Cosmopolitan, O, Psychology Today, AP, Reuters, USA Today…
Books by Steven Stosny, Ph.D.
- Love Without Hurt
- How to Improve your Marriage without Talking about It
- Finding Love beyond Words, and Love without Hurt
- Turn Your Resentful, Angry, or Emotionally Abusive Relationship into a Compassionate, Loving One
- You Don’t Have to Take It Anymore
- Empowered Love
- Treating Attachment Abuse
- Living and Loving After Betrayal
- Empowered Love: Use Your Brain To Be Your Best Self and Create Your Ideal Relationship