- Class Act: Halle Berry playing the role of Tierney Cahill – a sixth-grade teacher who lets her students convince her to run for Congress
- Personal struggle, triumph
- Encouraging involvement in government
- Manage a real political campaign
- Cahill for Congress: Stepping up to the Challenge
- A practical lesson in US democracy
- The remarkable true story of a teacher who ran a grassroots campaign for Congress . . . from her sixth grade class room
- Stepping Up to the Challenge
- Living Without Fear
Tierney Ann Cahill’s story is a true inspiration – not only showing the value of education and civic duty, but because it shows that one person can change the lives of others. She is highly energetic, humorous, and motivating, and has made a true impact on the world of education.
Tierney Cahill, a public school teacher who ran for the U.S. Congress after her sixth grade students gave her a dare.
Cahill for Congress is the inspiring story of an exceptional teacher who proved that anyone really can run for office—and, with no money and no connections, make a difference in a great many lives.
She did not want to be just another hypocritical adult who expected children to step up to face their challenges but who didn’t do the same when faced with their own.
Besides, what better way to teach about our government than to have them actually run a campaign?
Her bid for a seat in the House of Representatives drew national and international attention.
She has served as an elected local, state and national teachers’ union representative.
She is proud to say she was, nominated by her students’ parents, she was awarded the Best in Education Award, as well as the Women’s Role Model Award from the Attorney General.
Tierney CahillI’ve always wanted to make a difference.
Halle Berry will play Tierney Cahill – a sixth-grade teacher who lets her students convince her to run for Congress, but only if they’ll help her run her campaign.
When Tierney Cahill, came to know that Halle Berry is going to play her on screen. She had just one word for it ‘FANTASTIC’.
Books by Tierney Ann Cahill
- Ms. Cahill for Congress: One Fearless Teacher, Her Sixth-Grade Class, and the Election That Changed Their Lives Forever