- Tonia thrives on sharing her experiences as a nurse-attorney & creating learning and career opportunities for nurses.
- Medical malpractice litigation, healthcare issues
- Nurses in disciplinary matters & licensure issues
- Social meadia and the nurse
- Why should you become an LNC?
- LNSs, are highly paid for their valuable combination as a legal professional & nurse
- Legal nurse certificate
Tonia D. Aiken, BSN, RN, JD is a nurse, attorney and co-owner of an idea and biomedical invention company.
Aiken has created and speaks on Nurses issues and on medical malpractice litigation, healthcare issues and representing nurses in disciplinary matters.
She is an author, educator and was co-editor of the Journal of Nursing Law.
• She is co-creator of the interactive Legal, Ethical, and Conflict Issues in Nursing
• She is a contributor to Nursing Ethics and the Law.
• She served as a medical-legal to a publishing company on legal and ethical issues in nursing.
• She is a contributor to a medical dictionary.
(1) Advance Directives: What You Need to Know,
(2) Advance Directives: What the Healthcare Provider Needs to Know, produced by Long Term Care Network.
She is also a columnist for newspapers.
Tonia Dandry Aiken, RN, BSN, JD., as a trial attorney, entrepreneur, educator, author, editor, mediator, and, of course, nurse, Tonia “thrives on sharing her experiences as a nurse-attorney and creating learning and career opportunities for nurses.
She has served the medical / legal and on ethical issues.
Tonia represents and counsels nurses involved in disciplinary proceedings.
Tonia’s contributions for nurses and healthcare providers how to handle conflict resolution through the use of mediation, negotiation, and communication techniques.
Books by Tonia Dandry Aiken, RN, BSN, JD
- Legal, Ethical, and Political Issues in Nursing
- Giving Through Teaching
- Nursing Malpractice
- Staying Healthy – The Later Years
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Occupations
- My First Trip to the Emergency Room