- A visionary thinker: Information innovation
- Internet Governance & Regulation
- The information economy
- The Financial Bonanza of Big Data
- Vast troves of information are manipulated & monetized
- Governance, data privacy, memory & forgetting in a digital age
- electronic government & big data
Viktor Mayer-Schönberger: Acclaimed for his ground-breaking research into the role of information in the networked economy, Mayer-Schönberger is a visionary thinker about information innovation and governance, data privacy, memory and forgetting in a digital age, electronic government, and – of course – big data.
He is the author of over a hundred articles and on the information economy.
He has been featured in New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, The Economist, Nature, Science, NPR, BBC, The Guardian, Le Monde, El Pais, Die Zeit, Der Spiegel, and WIRED.
Social networks, freakonomics, black swans, the long tail . . all these concepts have impacted how we understand data and its role in our world.
The next revolutionary idea, big data, is bigger than all of them combined and we finally have an eloquent, qualified expert to explain why, how, and what to do about it.
“The response was super enthusiastic online as well as in person; We had around 370 watching live.”
“Thanks again for your amazing speech.”
“Your keynote was very powerful.”
“Your presentation was fabulous – funny, interesting, thought-provoking. And that is confirmed by the rave reviews we have heard from attendees.”
“Your presence has ensured the authoritativeness and pioneeringness of our special program of the year— the “Is the Era of Big Data Coming?!”.
Your clear and compelling arguments and resourceful and humorous debates with other guests have become the highlight of the programme.
Books by Viktor Mayer-Schönberger
- Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work and Think.
- Delete: The Virtue of Forgetting in the Digital Age