- Ten Commandments of Global Communication
- Speaking Globally: Building Rapport with Your International Audience
- International Manners and Etiquette
- Seven Characteristics of World Class Leaders
- Leadership Across Time and Space: Lessons from Jesus to Matsushita
- How to Earn Respect and Trust in a Global Marketplace
- Building Rapport with Your International Audience
- Five Steps to a Winning Image: Positioning and Packaging Yourself
- First Impression in International Business
Eun Y. Kim, Ph.D., on intercultural communication and global diversity.
Kim has designed and conducted executive communication programs for multinationals.
Dr. Kim has worked with political leaders and business executives for professional image, public speaking, and media appearances.
Dr. Kim is President of CEO International, an international management firm.
She has worked in the United States and Asia as a management/communication. With a mission to build and repair cultural bridges, Eun has designed and developed executive education programs for multinationals.
She has helped thousands of global managers work effectively across cultures.
Clients include Applied Materials, Chevron/Texaco, IBM, LG, Motorola, NCsoft, Samsung, SEMATECH, 3M, Texas Instruments…
Eun is an author of six books on business and cross-cultural communication, including:
Global Intelligence: Seven Pillars for New Global Leaders,
The Yin and Yang of American Culture: A Paradox
A Cross- Cultural Reference of Business Practices in a New Korea
Eun has spoken to as many as 6,500 people a day and appeared in numerous international media and conferences.
Her appearances include: C-SPAN TV, the 3rd World Knowledge Forum (Seoul), Texas Conference for Women, NAFSA International Educators Conference, SIETAR Europe Globalization Congress (Vienna), and International Conference on Intercultural Communication and Diplomacy (Malta).