- Lauren Sisler confronts her parents’ fatal overdoses
- The Recovery Drug and Alcohol Rehab
- I realized I wouldn’t let the pain define me,
- The power to heal herself and could inspire others to do the same.
- Defined by Defeat: The Real Champion’s Story
Lauren Sisler an Emmy Award-Winning Sports Broadcaster with ESPN and SEC Network. Long before her on-air success, tragedy struck Lauren’s world when she unexpectedly lost both of her parents within hours of each other to their concealed battle with prescription drug addiction. As a freshman in college, she could have shut down and given up after she experienced such tragedy.
Lauren had a choice to make when she lost her parents: hide the story and suffer alone or use her struggles to help someone walk out of the shadows. Through her grief and despair, she overcame family tragedy and found the courage to continue moving forward and succeed in sports.
Despite unfathomable adversity, she pursued her passions and rose in the ranks in the uber-competitive field of sports broadcasting. Lauren is now a two-time national and regional Emmy award-winning sports broadcaster with ESPN and SEC Network.
Among the myriad of truths she gained at a young age, Lauren learned that success is often defined by defeat, and our approach to life must include viewing circumstances through a lens of purpose and gratitude.
“Sports is my passion, but my purpose is to share what I learned from my parents’ story – and how I learned to fall in love with my own.”
She shares invaluable insight into the secrets of successfully overcoming adversity and the fundamentals of resilience that are now written into the chapters of her story.
Audiences will l
“Sports is my passion, but my purpose is to share what I learned from my parents’ story.”
Defined by Defeat: The Real Champion’s Story”
Lauren shares invaluable insight into the secrets of successfully overcoming adversity and the fundamentals of resilience that are now written into the chapters of her story.
Learn how to:
- rebound from tragedy with courage and mental toughness
- unlock doors of opportunity by embracing your story and overcoming shame
- take chances to increase resilience during times of change
- embrace every part of your story
- see the greater purpose behind every circumstance
- maintain a sense of humor, especially in life’s more embarrassing moments
“Unlocking the Shackles of Shame”
Lauren takes audiences behind the scenes of her extraordinary journey, and how tragedy ignited purpose and gratitude in her life.
Learn how to:
- reframe trauma by viewing personal experiences through a different lens
- acknowledge the pain of the past while moving forward shamelessly into the future
- embrace their own story with courage and fortitude
- view life through a lens of purpose and gratitude despite painful circumstances
- discover the powerful and often life-changing impact their story can have on the lives of others
- Courage builds confidence and creates resilience during times of uncertainty
- Shame / Courage
- Sports Media
- Addiction Prevention
- Women’s Groups
- Faith / Education Groups